PSP 7 problem opening file

sattman 14:03 15 Mar 05

I am having a problem trying to view a image direct from an email attachment.

I feel sure that originally I could open any image and open to view direct

I find now I can only view if I first "save as".

boot-it-out 12:55 16 Mar 05

Files sent as attachments could be anything - a Word Document, Sound File, Image file etc.

The type of file is indicated by its EXTENSION e.g. PICTURE.JPG where "PICTURE" is the name of the file and ".JPG" is the file extension indicating ( in this case ) that it is an image file.

You may or may not be able to see the extension part of the file name which can depend on various setings in your e-mail browser and also on your PC.

To see these extensions all the time, open up Windows Explorer and click :
Tools / Folder Options / View and then uncheck the box for "Hide extensions for known file types"

Once you know what type of file you have received as the attachment, you need to make sure that Paint Shop Pro is configured to open files of that type :

Using ".jpg" as our example -
Start Paint Shop Pro.
Click on the "File" Menu and from the drop down menus select "Preferences" then "File Format Associations"
You will be presented with a list of different file EXTENSIONS. Scroll down the list to find the one you want and tick the box.
Click on "OK" to close the window.
Next time you click on any file with a ".jpg" extension it should open in Paint Shop Pro.

sattman 18:52 16 Mar 05

Boot-it-out
I am aware of the file association, that is not the problem, in fact I think that I have PAS set to accept every asociation available

The files are jpeg, which I am usually able to open with PSP

The problem only happens when I select a Jpeg image and insert it to send as a email attachment in MS Outlook If I want I can not now view the image, as it opens to Browser - blank page.

Now to view I have to "save as" first.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…