Psion global modem fax pc card

ruskle 16:36 15 Dec 03

I have an old(1999) H.P. laptop which has been unused for about 6 months and I decided to format the HDD and install Windows ME, from my own disc, I now cannot get the Modem to work which is a Psion Gold Global 56K modem Fax`PC card.I put it in my Toshiba Portage running XP and it is up and running in seconds, the Tosh has it's own mobile by the way so the card is only for the HP.
I downloaded a driver from the web but still no joy. When I look in the "System" there is a yellow qustion mark against the modem card. The card` worked fine in the HP before I erased Win 98 and put on ME. I can't put XP on the HP as I only have it on Toshiba's recovery disc. I have also copied the drivers from XP on the Tosh but as yet have not had the courage to put them onto M.E. I can live without the modem but would really like it to work as I have a friend who is very interesed in it.
Hope someone can help me. Thanks Russell

madPentium 17:53 15 Dec 03

XP drivers will not work in ME anyway.
You obviously have the wrong drivers or havnt installed them correctly. When you downloaded the drivers was it an exe or zip file? was there a setup.exe that you ran or were files simply unzipped into a folder? If they are in a folder, right click on the exclamation mark, select update driver and point it to look in that folder.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…