Psion 3c back-up

xoc 17:10 08 Mar 03

I have a psion 3c which I find invaluable for quick reports,agenda dates, schedules, tel no's etc. etc.
Unfortunately,I dropped it recently and the main batteries popped out and I lost all my data.
I wasn't too worried as I had a full back up on my PC, so I duly tried to restore data to the Psion, but have not succeeded in getting the full restore.
I have agenda back with all data, but cannot get my database containing names ,phone no's and email addresses back to the Psion.
The manual tells me that I can drag and drop from my PC files to my Psion files.
I have tried this , can click and move the folder as far as the edge of the PC window, but it changes to a circle with a slash through it as soon as it enters the Psion window.
I can locate the folder on the PC, double click and it will open up with the names and addresses clearly visible, so they do exist on the PC ,but not on the psion which is where I need them.
Any Psion experts out there who can help??

Photographica1 13:25 09 Mar 03

What backup software are you using? I have a 3c and got fed up with the Psiwin program. It would only convert to rTF for the 3a, with the 5 series, I seem to remember the drag and drop process you describe.
It could be that as you drag, the software is trying to convert the file on the pC into the 5 series equivilent. try changing the preferences to a format (maybe RTF) that the series 3c will work with.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…