PSC1410 install problems

grizzley 16:01 06 Jul 09

Hi All. can somebody help me with an annoying problem. My all-in-one HP device, will not install properly, I have tried uninstalling all the hp software installed, tried to re-install, same problems. Only about 3 items from a complete software download gets installed, namely, shop for supplies, HP update and Hp photosmart essentials. Some other of the need software not installed but listed in the uninstall section of revo uninstaller. Tried reinstall and it stopped at 5/8 device installation, got a red cross, no reasons given. Missing software is digital imaging and solution centre (HP). I use windows vista home basic, uninstalled IE8 due to clashing with installation. Any ideas before i put it out of its misery would be helpful.
Thanks

UK Sub 16:55 06 Jul 09

If this printer is Pre Vista you may need the Vista Drivers from the HP Site

click here

Gives you the full software package so could be worth downloading that as well.

Sea Urchin 17:10 06 Jul 09

There is a conflict between these HP All-in-ones and IE7 (and presumably IE8). This results in software actually being installed, but not visible or usable.

You can download and install the following HP patch which in my case cured the problem

click here

Sea Urchin 17:21 06 Jul 09

PS This is for XP

grizzley 19:28 13 Jul 09

thanks to all for the advice, much appreciated. I have sorted out the problem by re-installing my operating system.

There is no conflict between my printer and IE7, just IE8. I use vista home basic, and i had downloaded the full package from HP website.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…