PS3 Connection Problems (NO SOUND!)

hannybo 09:45 14 Feb 08

I have an LG tv and a PS3. The PS3 is a US Console and my tv has no HDMI port so I have hooked it up using an HDMI / DVI-D converter lead. I have a picture and I have even managed to get the console online to update the software so it accepts PS2 games. However, there is no sound.
I think I need an optical audio cable??
Please can someone help me??? This is urgent as my daughter is having a karaoke birthday party on Saturday and needs to have sound from Singstar.....
HELP
Thanks

BRYNIT 10:18 14 Feb 08

DVI-D is just for the digital video click here you will not get sound this way. I don't have a PS3 so can not advice on this but looking through the instruct on the manufacturers web site show different ways on connecting the PS3 to your TV.

johnnyrocker 10:29 14 Feb 08

most pieces of equipment come with phono audio output ie red and white, is there such a thing on this machine?

johnny.

hannybo 10:34 14 Feb 08

I have a Scart cable that links from the TV to the PS3 and also has the red and white cables on it - I tried plugging this into the television but there was still no sound????
Is this the wrong cable?
Thanks

johnnyrocker 10:37 14 Feb 08

it could be a one way lead, try reversin it?

johnny

johnnyrocker 10:39 14 Feb 08

click here maybe more use

johnny

hannybo 10:43 14 Feb 08

I can't - it has different sockets at each end....?
It's this
click here

johnnyrocker 10:46 14 Feb 08

right then the audio leads must be connected wrong ( red/white )

johnny

hannybo 10:49 14 Feb 08

How do you mean? Sorry if I'm missing something (not overly technical) but am I supposed to be connected them somewhere other than into the TV?

johnnyrocker 10:50 14 Feb 08

no, what make of tv is in use?

johnny

hannybo 10:54 14 Feb 08

It's an LG tv (not sure off the top of my head which model but is about a year old)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced