PS2 read disk problems

Europa 22:27 22 Aug 03

My playstation2 has been functioning perfectly up to today. Now, it wouldn't play any games, it just stop working after a few minutes of gaming, or not at all. It just stops and shows a blue screen. A few years ago, I heard that some ps2 had a fault, and that after 3 or 4 years of using it, it just stops working. Would that be it?
Can anyone tell me whether there are any remedies to the problem or should I simply buy another one?

I thank you in advance.

Europa

Bodi 23:00 22 Aug 03

Is a cleaning disk - might help.

Other than that I can't think of anything, but this will put you to the top again.

Bodi

Europa 11:42 23 Aug 03

Thanks Bodi, I already tried with a cleaning disk, and it's still doing the same thing. Strange enough, the problems started with a new game I bought yesterday. After that I had the same problem with all my games.
Thanks anyway
Europa

Amry 11:52 23 Aug 03

You're playing for a few minutes, than a blue screen showed up, right? Well, it happened to me last year -- it's most probably due to a faulty PS2 fan. You see, if the PS2 overheats, it'll "crash" after a few minutes, giving the blue screen of death. The solution? Either clean out the vent at the back of your PS2, or, if it's out-of-order, replace your PS2 fan.

Hope this helps.

Europa 12:58 23 Aug 03

Amry, that is exactly what is happening! I will try what you suggested but how much would it cost to replace the fan, in case your last suggestion is necessary, and is it worth it? I heard PS2 repairs could be costly.
Thank you for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…