PS2 to PC Adapter Problem

Pilx2005 21:05 01 Dec 05

Ok I recently bought a PS2 to PC Adapter from ebay which enables me to play all my games with my PS2 controller. I plug the usb cable into the back of my pc and it says Found New Hardware - USB Human Interface.

Then it says - A problem has occured and your new device cannot be installed and might not work properly. and it also said that it cannot start!

Help!

Skyver 21:15 01 Dec 05

Did it come with any drivers?

Pilx2005 21:25 01 Dec 05

well it came with a little disc, which has a file called setup, run it and it installs, puts a .exe on the desktop called CHECK.exe run it and it says "Key check for WinXP" and then "SHARK" below it. Click next and it says the same then click ok and it disappears from the desktop and it aint in the Add/Remove Programmes bit. :S

Skyver 21:27 01 Dec 05

StartMenu/Run, type `devmgmt.msc`, highlight the problem device (probably marked with a yellow exclamation mark), click through it's properties until you find Update driver(s), point it to drive A:
and see if it finds anything.

VoG II 21:29 01 Dec 05

or point to your CD drive if it is a minidisk.

Pilx2005 21:35 01 Dec 05

doesnt seem to work, says - This Device cannot start (code 10)

Skyver 21:38 01 Dec 05

Follow Microsoft's advice "On the General Properties tab of the device, click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooting wizard."
Any other devices connected via USB? Any entries under USB Controllers saying Unknown device?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…