PS2 mouse into USB Adapter

Furkin 11:48 25 Jun 08

Hi all,
I have just received a USB to PS2 adapter for my mouse.
(USB Male to PS2 Female - to coonect PS2 to USB slot)
My PS2 mouse dosn't seem to want to work with this. When I look in C.Panel > Mouse > troubleshooting, it asks if I have a USB or serial item.
Obviously I'm trying to use a Serial item via USB port.

Should this work ?
The mouse is an optical (wired) SWEEX.
XP Pro (sp2) - 2gb RAM.

thanks

Ditch999 12:03 25 Jun 08

It should work. Try it in a different USB slot. Do not use a hub. Does the mouse work as a PS2 one? Can you try a different mouse?

Furkin 12:21 25 Jun 08

DITCH: Cheers mate Just tried the mouse in PS2 slot,,,,, seems a bit 'jumpy'so maybe the mouse is playing up.
The only other mouse I have is a new USB one (Trust Laser).
As a right handed person, I can only use my left hand for a mouse (is this just me or are there thousands like this ???)
The USB mouse has buttons on the side as well, & cos i'm using my left hand, I keep catching them.

I'll try to borrow a PS2 mouse & try it in the port. I wasn't sure if the mouse,,, or the port,,, was playing up.

Thanks for the input

ambra4 12:24 25 Jun 08

Not all PS2 mouse will work with a PS2 to USB adapters, in the old days of serial mouse before

PS2 became the new standard for keyboard and mouse; some PS2 mouse also did not work with

PS2 to Serial adapters, you would also find that some USB mouse will also do not work with a

USB to PS2 adapter on some motherboards but work fine on others

Just get a USB mouse

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…