Prtinter prints silly colours

jack 15:59 08 Nov 10

One of my flock writes thus
'My Canon A3 printer -i9100- is now printing silly colours, both on letter paper and on photo paper.
A holiday pic of tourquoise sea/beach came out in magenta! Another of same scene was not far off all black. A while back it printed a severe b+w diagram as mis-placed jigsaw pieces. Some wise wag told me it was printing what I had told it to print!
Not helpful but undoubtedly true.
I've run the various checks:- head alignment, nozzle clean etc. to little effect.
Any suggestions before I take my pics to Boots?'

My immediate thought it must be what the computer is sending to the printer as suggested by the said 'Wise Wag'- but then I wondered 'Is it - could it something have corrupted the machines driver or firmware.
Any thoughts

961 16:32 08 Nov 10

Ink cartridges inserted correctly and in proper places?

Try re-install drivers?

joe-soap2 18:48 08 Nov 10

This is typical of either a colour that has run out or blockage - Have you recently changed the cartridge(s)?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…