Prpblem with shortcut and system restore

meinciau 19:47 08 Oct 04

I removed anumber of programs from my PC and I must have removed a file in error.
I received a message when booting my computer, as follows - Promblem with shortcut - The shortcut 'Event reminder Ink' refers to a location that is unavaiable. The location could be on the hard drive on this computer,on a network or on a different computer on your home network. Check to make sure the disk is prperly inserted or you are connected to the Internet or home network and try again.

Also I have tried to use system restore but I have been unsuccessful. It will not restore.
I checked system properties/performance/file system and the system restore disk space use is
6867 MB and the slider is on maximum.

Can you help?

spikeychris 20:05 08 Oct 04

What operating system are you using? If XP then paste this into run

c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Look for a ref to event reminder and delete it. If you are using ME then right click the start button and select explore, find the startup folder and do the same as above.

It looks like you have deleted the prog but not the startup entry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…