Proxy settings

kizandtango 23:24 21 Jul 03

hey, i can log onto broadband and log onto server the usual way, and it accepts username and password. BUT wen i try t go to a webpage, it says "detecting proxy settings" and then says "cannot find server, server or DNS error" if i type in a web addy, it says "internet exploror cannot open search page" HELP ! its not the internet thats the problem coz im usin a diff comp and can get online no trouble!!

HELP

Thankns

Pete

beeuuem 23:48 21 Jul 03

Does your ISP use a proxy?
If it doesn't look in IE > Tools > Internet Options > Connections > Settings and check that 'Use a proxy server for this connection' is not ticked.

beeuuem 23:48 21 Jul 03

Does your ISP use a proxy?
If it doesn't look in IE > Tools > Internet Options > Connections > Settings and check that 'Use a proxy server for this connection' is not ticked.

kizandtango 23:51 21 Jul 03

but what do i put in the address and port bits?
and i dont even know if thats the solution so keep them cummin plz !

Smiler 10:23 22 Jul 03

as beeuuem says make sure that "Use a proxy server for this connection" is NOT ticked. Because if it's not ticked you don't need an address or port.

kizandtango 12:28 22 Jul 03

whoops, red those messages wrong.well either way it isnt ticked.and never was.next solution please?

beeuuem 15:55 22 Jul 03

Check your firewall settings, eg that Internet Explorer is a trusted application.

kizandtango 22:31 22 Jul 03

check and check.runnin out of ideas?next plz?

Gaz 25 01:27 23 Jul 03

Spyware? click here try it...

Gaz 25 01:27 23 Jul 03

1 known culprit is Marketscore.

kizandtango 23:08 25 Aug 03

hey i got no spyware on the laptop, all net settings are unchanged, cant system resore, have no points to restore too. the message in the address bar comes up as: opening page res://c\windows\system32\.shdoclc.dll/dnserror.htm....

i dont get it, grrr !!! help plz??? i tried re installing the shdoclc.dll file but i cant delete the old one for some reason or replace it.

help plz??

me

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch