Proview PK770 monitor on XP - Frazzled?

Bennythejet 20:12 22 May 03

Hi all,

I got a medion base unit on Monday. I have encountered a problem with my Proview monitor. As the computer boots up yellow lines appear vertically across the screen. Then the XP desktop screen appears slightly garbled, and gets worse the longer I try and use the PC for. I have been switching the monitor between my old computer and new one, as I am transferring files, and on the old one it still works fine. I have re-installed the Proview driver, to no affect. The instructions for the driver don't even mention XP as it is so old. Does this mean my monitor can't "handle" XP. Or could it be a graphics card problem? (my graphics card is a ATI Radeon 9600TX)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

coogs 21:59 22 May 03

it have you looked at refresh rate the maximum meant for the montor and the one that the os it using it is in display properties,settings then displys for radeons i may be wrong but i sounds like its having trouble refreshing

coogs

it have you looked at refresh rate the maximum meant for the montor and the one that the os it using it is in display properties,settings then displys for radeons i may be wrong but it sounds like its having trouble refreshing

coogs

it have you looked at refresh rate the maximum meant for the montor and the one that the os it using it is in display properties,settings then displys for radeons i may be wrong but it sounds like its having trouble refreshing

coogs

coogs 22:00 22 May 03

damn conection garbled

rafchippy 22:22 22 May 03

when i leave my monitor on standby it sometimes shows the frazzled screen you describe.
however if i switch off the monitor each time i shut down and then switch it back on when booting up again this promlem never appears.

Bennythejet 22:54 22 May 03

Thanks for the advice guys. I have now got my monitors settings on 800,600, down from 1024x800. Clour down to 16 bit and screen reresh rate down to 60Herz from 75 herz. The problem still remains. The annoying thing is that when I start the computer in safe mode, the monitor is fine, it's only when I start XP properly that the problem occurs. I don't know what else to do as everything is turned down to minimum settings.

Any ideas?

Bennythejet 09:07 23 May 03

Tried it again this morning with the same results. The problem doesn't seem quite so bad with all the settings lowered, at the start the screen becaome unusable after a few minutes as I could not see any icons properly, now I just have lines going across the screen and occassionaly a big "splodge" of mess appears. Still can't be used for any length of time though.

Help

DieSse 10:37 23 May 03

I think you may have a faulty graphics card in your new system. See if you can try another monitor on it, just to make sure, but it doesn't look like a monitor fault.

Bennythejet 10:48 23 May 03

Thanks DieSse. I am going to take home a monitor from work at lunchtime and try it out.

Bennythejet 14:38 23 May 03

Tried a dofferent monitor at lunchtime, with the same results. Phoned Medion who instructed me to re-install the driver, which I did to no avail. They are sending out a technician next week to have a look at it as the guy on the end of the phone reckons it isn't a graphics card or monitor problem.

8 weeks from ordering the PC and I still can't use it properly. Not good.

Thanks for all the help though, at least I don't need to buy a new monitor!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…