proview BM-568 15" TFT monitor problem

kane_2001 09:33 09 Mar 06

My monitor has a loose connection somewhere in the VGA lead. Unfortunately it is an internal lead and not just a plug in the back type. I`ve scoured the web for help trying to find spares or any help at all but to no avail. Even proview themselves don`t deal with these products anymore. Apart from buying a broken monitor for spares off ebay, which seems expensive when I only want a lead, can anyone suggest anywhere or any site that may have info on obtaining a VGA lead with the connected adaptor? ANY help is greatfully accepted. MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE

Diemmess 09:47 09 Mar 06

Do you mean that the video data cable from the back of your computer disappears into the structure of the monitor?
Does the "break" seem to be close to, or inside the monitor - give it a gentle wiggle.

If you are going to replace this cable yourself you are going to have to do some careful surgery to be able to disconnect the old.

With luck the cable will have failed at or close to the monitor which is where most strains and wiggles happen in use.

So if you have enough cable to cut off the bad length it is just a careful task to reconnect each conducting lead in turn.

You might find that a local repair shop would chop one from a defunct CRT for you. At least in this TFT repair you don't have dangerous residual voltages to worry about while working at it.

gooberfish 12:15 09 Mar 06

i think this is the same monitor as i've got , i had to replace the same cable a couple of years ago.

it cost at the time £60 just for the cable.

if you can find one cheaer its pretty easy to replace , theres a plug on the other end that plugs into the monitor inside.

cant remember where i bought the cable from though , like i said it was a couple of years ago when my proview tft 17 inch cost £500 , its still working though.

good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant