ProView 17" TFT Installation

Jack D 20:32 30 Oct 03

PCW have these on sale for 227.99, can they just be plugged in as a replacement for a CRT or is it a bit more complicated?

Socalled 20:42 30 Oct 03

in a nutshell !yes.

Djohn 20:46 30 Oct 03

No just plug it in as you would a CRT. One tip though is to set your refresh rate to 60Htz before connecting the monitor, or you may get a message on screen saying, "Signal out of range" and of course with no display you cannot find your way to the control panel to alter it! :o(

Once booted you can then set it to the recommended refresh, which will probably be 60 or 75Htz. j.

Jack D 20:51 30 Oct 03

Thanks.

JAN-BOY 22:50 30 Oct 03

Jack D
Iv'e just bought one and it's brilliant, I'm well pleased.

Jack D 23:17 30 Oct 03

Think I'll get one tomorrow, it looked pretty good to me.

Jack D 00:17 31 Oct 03

I wasn't ignoring your reply, I simply found it ambiguous, in a nutshell yes it is is plug and play, in a nutshell yes it is more complicated. It is either or.

MAJ 01:01 31 Oct 03

Was just looking at that one myself. Looks like a trip to PCW tomorrow. :-)

Jack D 12:01 31 Oct 03

Just picked one up, wow! what a difference - no more squinting.

SGT BARNES 12:19 31 Oct 03

i've got one of the earlier proview 17" tft's and apart from needing a new vga cable for i've had no problems.

i also remember that when i first turned it on , , the pc didnt find the monitor but the monitor found the pc.

i dont know anything about the new one's but mine has got an auto button it so whatever pc you plug it into with whatever setup the pc has , you just press the auto button and it adjusts itself.

whenever this one dies i will be getting another proview because a lot of the other tft's around the same price dont come close.

Jack D 16:14 31 Oct 03

Yep, this one, (manufactured August 2003), has the Auto button. It WAS simply Plug'n'Play, and I'm still impressed with it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…