Providing Password Protection to a Flash/Key Drive

buckland 17:03 17 Nov 08

My PC is XP and I have a Dane-Elec USB 2.0 Flash/Key Drive 16Gb with 220 x Read Speed; plug&play type. I want to protect the contents with a simple Password system. Prior to getting the Dane-elec I have a couple of Samsung Flash/Key Drives 2Gb and which came Password Protected. There was no Disc and as I remember when first plugged in I followed the instructions on screen which resulted in an Icon on my Desktop which is of a "Key & a Flash Drive" side by side under which it reads "UDPV264". I plug in the Samsung Flash Drive, click on the Desk Top Icon and a Box appears entitled USB Disk Pro Security App and then v.2.64.00. I then put in my Password and Log-In. When I remove the drive it automatically locks itself. So I seem to have a working programme installed via the 2Gb Samsungs. Can anyone advise a non-tecchy of a simple way of applying Password Protection to my Dane-elec and the possibility of using the existing programme which by the way I cannt find in my list of Programmes installed. Also if something can be done do I have to clear the contents of the Drive before hand? Manny thanks and regards, Buckland.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…