Providing Password Protection to a Flash/Key Drive

buckland 17:03 17 Nov 08

My PC is XP and I have a Dane-Elec USB 2.0 Flash/Key Drive 16Gb with 220 x Read Speed; plug&play type. I want to protect the contents with a simple Password system. Prior to getting the Dane-elec I have a couple of Samsung Flash/Key Drives 2Gb and which came Password Protected. There was no Disc and as I remember when first plugged in I followed the instructions on screen which resulted in an Icon on my Desktop which is of a "Key & a Flash Drive" side by side under which it reads "UDPV264". I plug in the Samsung Flash Drive, click on the Desk Top Icon and a Box appears entitled USB Disk Pro Security App and then v.2.64.00. I then put in my Password and Log-In. When I remove the drive it automatically locks itself. So I seem to have a working programme installed via the 2Gb Samsungs. Can anyone advise a non-tecchy of a simple way of applying Password Protection to my Dane-elec and the possibility of using the existing programme which by the way I cannt find in my list of Programmes installed. Also if something can be done do I have to clear the contents of the Drive before hand? Manny thanks and regards, Buckland.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac