provided by supanet.com

bosh24 18:55 10 Feb 04

how can i alter or delete the wording at the top of my Internet Explorer and Outlook Express toolbars, it currently reads "provided by supanet.com" . I would also like to change the search icon in the top right hand corner, it currently uses the supanet logo. my os is w98se

Indigo 1 19:10 10 Feb 04

If you don not use supanet then one or both of these should help click here and click here if you are using supanet then they will probably cripple it .

VoG II 19:32 10 Feb 04

ID Debrander click here

bosh24 20:05 10 Feb 04

VoG
ID Debrander worked a treat in IE any ideas about OE
Indigo 1
No luck I am afraid

bosh24 20:36 10 Feb 04

I have been able to clear Internet Explorer does anyone have any suggestions for Outlook Express

beeuuem 00:05 11 Feb 04
  Megatyte 01:56 11 Feb 04

No need to download anything. Just do a registry search for "provided by (whatever)" and change it.

AH

Stuartli 09:23 11 Feb 04

Removing the title bar branding from Outlook Express involves editing the Registry, so take whatever backup precautions you deem necessary before you start.

Then click Start, Run, type Regedit and hit Enter.

Open in turn the following Registry folders: Hkey_Current_User, Identities, {id-number}, Software, Microsoft, Outlook Express.

Select the folder 5.0 (or whatever version of Outlook Express you are running), then look in the righthand pane for a value named WindowTitle.

You can modify the text held in this value (double-click to edit it) or just delete it. If more than one id-number appears in your Registry, you may need to repeat the exercise for each one.

If you have SpywareBlaster and wish to occasionally change the IE title bar's wording, just look under Tools in the panel and then the miscellaneous IE tab. Key in what you want to appear - I have my name on show, purely for vanity reasons you understand.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…