Protoride virus help!

Jakey boy 17:39 29 Nov 04

Hi guys, It seems I have the Protoride virus. I have turned off all network shares and disabled network, but can't find any info on removal of this that works. Windows XP home. Incidentally, I am running the latest update of AVG free which doesn't seem to detect this virus (?) Any advice would be of great help.

Jakey boy 17:41 29 Nov 04

bump^

Jakey boy 17:42 29 Nov 04

bump^

mattyc_92 17:44 29 Nov 04

I can't say that I have heard of this virus. I have also checked the "Symantec" website for a removal tool for you, and even THEY haven't heard of it..... Do you know what the date was when it was discovered (not on your system, but as in "anti-virus" providers discovered it?)

VoG II 17:47 29 Nov 04

Try a² click here

curlylad 17:50 29 Nov 04

Have a look here click here

Jakey boy 18:28 29 Nov 04

Sorry, I was having my dinner ;-)
VoG™ - I have a² so I will give it a try. As far as I can tell curlylad, the removal instructions on the Symantec site don't appear to work. I'll try again though. If anyone else can come up with something, please post.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…