Protection from Spam and Pop Up Ads

StevieD 11:07 08 Oct 03

Hi,

My MD has started to receive a great deal of unwanted emails and pop up messages (appear directly on screen, not as an email).

We run MS Exchange but as he works remotely, emails for him are forwarded and he collects them when establishing a dial up collection with BT Openworld

Can anyone recommend software that we can purchase that will prevent spam and pop up messages reaching him?

Does it need to be based on our exchange server or locally on his own machine? I imagine the former but would like confirmation.

Thanks,

Steve

MAJ 12:02 08 Oct 03

The popup ads are probably caused by the Messenger Service being active on his OS. To deactivate that follow the instructions at this link click here

The spam emails can be filtered by him before he downloads them if he installs Mailwasher click here I'm not familiar with MS Exchange so I don't know if you can filter the spam before you forward his email.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…