Protecting images on websites

Demora 21:51 04 Jun 04

Hi.

I'm sure I've seen this somewhere, How do you prect the images on a website ie jpgs eyc

Demora

johnsims 23:53 04 Jun 04

Disable right click. Cannot remember how but I'm sure someone in the Web Design Forum could tell you. Or Google it.

SCL411 00:07 05 Jun 04

I'm pretty sure that disabing right-click only works if the browser being used is IE. If others such as Mozzilla etc are used it is still possible to get the images.

There is no sure fire way of protecting your image. There are many screen-grab utilities that could be used to get hold of it.

What is is that you are trying to protect? If it's a photo, how about a copyright type watermark or resize/downsample the image so it looks ok on a screen but does not print out well.

Failing that, if you really don't want people to get hold of it, don't put it on the web - not that that's much help - sorry :-)

Demora 08:56 06 Jun 04

The copyright watermark seems a good idea and down grading. Its not my website and I'm not sure what my daughters boyfriend wants to do exactly but I'll pass the info on.

Thank you Both.

Demora

hssutton 09:12 06 Jun 04

On the various photo forums that I visit, this is a frequent question, the only answer forthcoming is to watermark, or rely as I do on the fact that uploaded images are of such low quality (resolution wise)that they are not really worth stealing. I reduce my photos from 6Mb to 250Kb for my online albums.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…