protected wma files

kench 18:10 19 Jul 07

a mate give me a CD but the files are protected and i am unable to put them on my sony ericsson mobile is there any way to remove this file protection.(the Cd by the way is a cdr and not a shop purchased one) any help please

JamieC 18:19 19 Jul 07

Firstly, how the hell did he get DRM protected wma files on a cd-r. I thought you couldn't do that.

I had the same problem with HMV Digital downloaded music. I used FairUse4WM, which found the keys of the copyright and removed them from the wma files. However, seeing as you didn't download the said files on your pc, it probably won't find the keys anyway. You could try, though: click here

There is also a program called SoundTaxi - it costs around £8, but it is worth paying for.

Then again, you could always use Total Recorder 6.0 to record the music - play the song in media player and it will record it for you in 192kbps (or higher) mp3. However, this is not the fastest solution, as it means playing the songs all the way through.

Hope this helped

JC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…