Protect Your PC in 3 Easy Steps

Jester2K II 11:47 12 Oct 03

May help someone....

click here

Taran 11:56 12 Oct 03

My alternative methods for protecting your PC:

1. Never, under any circumstances whatsoever, turn on your computer

2. If you must ignore step one, never go online, load any new software or use floppy disks from school, college, uni, work, friends, family, pets and so on

3. If you ignore steps 1 & 2, click on the link supplied by Jester2K II to see the web page in question and follow all instrctions contained thereon to the letter

T

canard 13:28 12 Oct 03

click here DSOstop is a tiny free prog which mysteriously kept me out of trouble using BB when my PC had not enough memory to support a firewall. Since Aug 03 [when fortuately I got more memory and put in Sygate] would not recommend using it without a firewall but it is a useful addition- uses no memory. Have other PCA readers used it? It would be interesting to hear their views.

The Sack 14:02 12 Oct 03

My step one would be dont get your advice from Microsoft and seek independant advice. M$ advise using there own firewall for a start which only blocks incoming requests so thats half the pipe left wide open.

ollie < one> 15:06 12 Oct 03

n

graham√ 15:10 12 Oct 03

I agree with ollie.

AubreyS 15:19 12 Oct 03

Canard. I have a wireless network with a desktop PC and two laptops. Would you recommend Sygate for me?

GroupFC 09:54 13 Oct 03

Into my postings to look at the link later Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…