Protect ONE folder with a password

keewaa 08:43 17 Mar 06

I want to protect one folder (My pictures) from kids' accidental editing of pictures with Paintshop Pro. I thought I would just right click on it and set a password but all the options are greyed out and is says because it is inside a private folder (My Documents, which I need private). How can I make this ONE folder (my pictures) password protected to avoid the pictures being accidentally edited? (The situation will be all within the same user accounts so those won't work.)

Thanks.

Shortstop 08:47 17 Mar 06

Yu could use winzip and password protect that?

rawprawn 08:50 17 Mar 06

Select properties of your folder/sharing tab/tick box "Make this folder private and choose a password.

keewaa 08:52 17 Mar 06

Rawprawn, it is greyed out. I forgot to mention it is xp pro.

rawprawn 09:21 17 Mar 06

Sorry, try this utility.I use the pro version and I can recomend it. I think it should be OK for your situation.
click here

johnnyrocker 10:03 17 Mar 06

if my documents is already private can you not password protect that?

johnny.

keewaa 19:22 17 Mar 06

HideFolders looks perfect. Thanks.

Jak_1 21:31 17 Mar 06

You could always use the pgp program, make a new volume sove 'my pictures' in it and apply a passphrase to it.

PGP is a rather expensive program though but excellent.

wbiggchiefy 23:44 17 Mar 06

Try Instant Lock on the net - ok it does hide your file from view as well as prevent anyone withut a pasword from accessing it but it is free - if you want to just password protect a single file this can be done through software that u can purchase - though I doubt that u would want to do this - try softandco.com
for instant link - there are others as well but as least this lets u right click to lock a file .

Chiefy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…