protect my new PC

scott26985 03:25 23 Feb 07

What is the best way to protect my new pc. I have installed Ad-aware and Im on a free trial of Bullgaurd right now. Im really not sure what and if there doing anything. lol

p;3 06:29 23 Feb 07

rather surprised it did not come with the dear old Norton preinstalled as most things seem to these days (this is NOT a suggestion that you go with norton either ::)))

first time I for one have heard of the bullguard

when the trial runs out there are plenty of free programs out there that will protect you if you keep them properly updated and run frequently

try spybot
click here
click here

asquared FREE edtion for starters

IF you wish an alternative antivirus, many of us are on avg

click here

see how that lot suits you

and please keep any protection programs fully updated and run frequently

P3

ed-0 08:42 23 Feb 07

stop the some of the blighters getting on the machine in the first place. click here

dms05 08:58 23 Feb 07

You need a decent Firewall, Anti-Virus and Adware detection. Look at Comodo click here who offer an excellent free Firewall and free Antivirus. Microsoft offer a free adware detection program called Defender and it works well. Download that from the Microsoft site.

In addition you may need anti-spam software or use Firefox/Thunderbird that have good anti-spam filters built into the program.

scott26985 13:26 23 Feb 07

Bullguard comes with antiviries and Antispyware, spamfilter, and backup

I dont think it currently has a firewall (for vista anyway). Im assume Im just using the Vista Firewall right now.

Along with Ad-aware does this sound like all I need to stay safe?

Im kin of Bullguard as I had Nortan before and it was terriable.

palinka 16:42 23 Feb 07

Sounds like you've got everything you need (i haven't heard of Bullguard either)Just remember that it needs updating daily. Without updates it'll be useless within a week or so.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant