Protect Flash Drive ?

rawprawn 14:25 13 Feb 06

I have a 128mb flash drive on which I keep a backup of things like Passwords. My Money etc. Is there a way to password protect it, or any other way of protcting it from prying eyes (other than hiding it under the carpet -:)

rmcqua 14:46 13 Feb 06

Sorry rawprawn, I don't think it's possible. Try hiding it in your undergarments!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:38 13 Feb 06

A few things to try:-

save into a zip file and password the zip or some programs below, drive lock CD lock sond intersing let us know how you get on.

Encryptors / Security:-
AxCrypt click here
Easycrypto deluxe click here
Powercrypt 2000 click here
Hide Folders click here
Folderlock click here
CD/DVD Lock click here
Hide Files & Folders click here

rawprawn 16:07 13 Feb 06

Brilliant! Easycrypto Delux does the job, I had already tried a program called Folder Access and it seemed to work, but it relies on the files being there on boot so it was no good for a flash drive. Nice easy little program.

rawprawn 16:09 13 Feb 06

I have searched my computer and I am unable to find the file "Undergarments" is it a system file that is hidden? -:)

rmcqua 16:32 13 Feb 06

Glad you found something that works. I've tried for about 15 minutes to find a witty response but my brain is not working very well. My wife says that I have "man 'flu".

ade.h 16:39 13 Feb 06

Perhaps you accidentally moved it to the Laundry Bin by mistake! LOL.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…