Prossesor or Motherboard problem

Star5 22:43 18 Feb 05

While cleaning the computer my son took out the prossesor by accident while trying to remove the fan. He put it back in again but computer will not start. Now when he turns computer on fans start but no beeps. Checked graphics card and other components all seem to be fine but still no signal to the monitor.

MEDION PCMT5, Pentium 4, 1900mhz, MOBO-microstar ms-6534VER:1, ATI 9600 PRO.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks star5

ste_bla 22:51 18 Feb 05

If you have checked the GFX in another machine and there are NO beeps what so ever it surgest the motherboard is bust

FelixTCat 23:18 18 Feb 05

Did he put it back in properly? Take it out again, check it very carefully for bent pins and, if it is OK, put it back. Processors have one corner chamfered and this matches the shape of the socket - make sure it is put in the right way round.

Clamp the processor properly in place and replace the heat sink.

Restart the computer.

Star5 23:41 18 Feb 05

Hi, Graphics card works in another computer, and i checked that the prossesor is correctly in place.

But i still get the sample problem.

Thank you for your help

star5

SEASHANTY 00:04 19 Feb 05

If he handled the processor pins without gloves he may have caused static damage. The processor may now be U/S. Only sure way to tell is by testing in another PC.

Star5 00:30 24 Feb 05

Whilst taking a break from decorating we had more time to have a good look at the computer. We then discovered that the processor pins were not firmly in place as we first thought. This was after taking everything out and trying it in another computer and taking the battery out.

Sorry to have wasted your time but at least the computer got a good clean out and it is up and running beautifully.

Thanks for the help

star5

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…