Proshow Gold. Music sync problem

Jim Thing 19:38 09 Mar 06

I'm a new user, not yet familiar with the Proshow Gold program, so this problem may be entirely my own fault:

According to the manual there's a handy facility for syncronising slide transitions to music by clicking on a mouse icon or simply tapping one of ten numerical keys, each of which is associated with one of the ten most-recently-used transitions. The manual shows a screengrab in which these ten keys are displayed immediately above the ten transition icons.

I can't use this facility because the row of numerical keys doesn't display. The mouse icon and the transition icons display, but I can't get the thing to show me the numerical keys. I've e-mailed Photodex but had no response yet, so I'm hoping that the Proshow fans on this forum might be able to advise.

All suggestions gratefully received.
TIA
Jim

Jim Thing 12:08 12 Mar 06

...can't win 'em all. I'll tick the box.

hssutton 12:14 12 Mar 06

Never read the manual, but in Options where you add the music, there is a tab "Sync Show to audio" this is extremely accurate, but you can achieve more accuracy by minor adjustments to the slide/transition timings

Jim Thing 13:03 14 Mar 06

Noted, thanks. Apologies for not responding sooner — I've only just read your post.

Photodex Support responded the following day, and with their help I've discovered that the type and duration of each transition can be set by tapping or holding down the associated number key on the keyboard whilst listening to the soundtrack.

Icons for up to eleven selected transitions can be displayed in the Record Slide Timing dialog box. The transition on the extreme left is controlled by the mouse button and the other ten are controlled by number keys 1 to 0.

Icons for the ten number-keys are supposed to be displayed in a row above the transition icons, but in my case they're nowhere to be seen. Despite this, Record Slide Timing is a simple and very intuitive tool for synchronising individual slides and transitions to the rhythm of the music.

You haven't missed much by not having read the manual, by the way. On the face of it, it looks impressive (360 pages, no less!) but it's in need of a thorough workover by a competent editor.

Jim Thing 14:36 14 Mar 06

The workaround described in my latest post turns out to be unnecessary. Further trial & error has shown that a transition can be set by simply clicking on its icon and holding down the mouse button for the required time. All done whilst listening to the music. Couldn't be easier really!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5