Pro's needed. emulate logical drive?

fudfuzz 01:08 09 Feb 04

Hello all.

Basically I have access to the college computer room, each machine is equipped with a USB port.
I currently download files on the computer, save them using a USB cable to my camera (16MB) and then transfer them to my laptop. I was wondering whether there was any software out there that could make my laptop appear to be a logical drive to the UNI computer, I could connect them up with a USB cable, then I could save files much larger than 16MB directly to my laptop.

thanks in advance to all those willing to help.

Ross.

DieSse 01:17 09 Feb 04

Use a USB file sharing link cable. click here or do a search on Google - widely available.

OR

Get a plug-in high capacity "pen-drive" click here or do a search on Google - widely available.

Or a 750Mb USB Zip drive or USB hard drive - also widely available.

fudfuzz 13:00 12 Feb 04

I am aware of the networking USB cables that are available but they require that I install drivers on the university machine, for which I do not have rights to.

I have a 100MB zip disk but it kept corrupting, anything larger is too expensive and requires that I buy a new drive.

USB pendrives are also too expensive.. I am a student after all...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…