Pro's and con's of using my TV as a computer moito

Phil-UK 17:26 15 Oct 08

Hello

Due to the current space in my room I have to swap my pc monitor and TV around when ever I want to use either of them, I was wondering if it might be worth using my TV as a Monitor for my pc and then still be able to keep it in its place for normal tv use,ps3 and dvd's

does this sound like a good plan or are there things I have not considered?

Thanks in advance

Technotiger 18:16 15 Oct 08

A normal TV does not give good enough pics, especially text, from a PC. A high-end HD TV is a different matter though, and could be used as a PC Monitor.

Depending on budget though, a better bet would be something like a Samsung SyncMaster 225MD LCD DVB/HD TV/Monitor. Just a press of a button on a remote control changes it from DTV to PC, just like that !! I have one and it is Grreat!

skidzy 18:41 15 Oct 08

As long as your tv (assuming lcd tv) has a vga port,i can see no reason why you cannot have this setup as your computer screen and well as the tv.

I have a 40" lcd that doubles up as my tv and monitor at times.Though mainly used to view slideshows and homevideos yet to be burnt to disc.

laurie53 19:54 15 Oct 08

I have been using an LCD tv as a monitor for several years, only using as a tv for holidays and caravaninng.

Never had any problems in either mode.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…