Pros and cons of AVG?

suedeblue 11:05 24 Jul 05

What are the pros and cons of AVG?

961 11:09 24 Jul 05

Pros....

It works

It's free

Con....

The server that provides the updates for the free version is often overloaded and consequently your virus checker may sometimes not be updated correctly

Alternative....

try Avast which is also free and updates without problems at least daily

ashdav 11:15 24 Jul 05

I've tried both and found AVG stalled my computer on occasion and a reboot was required. I know other people swear by it though. I use Avast now with no problems at all and it updates automatically.

spuds 11:26 24 Jul 05
  suedeblue 11:34 24 Jul 05

Are both free as AVG looks as though you need to pay.

VoG II 11:36 24 Jul 05

AVG Free click here

gel 11:46 24 Jul 05

Hello
I have used AVG free for a long time. Yes there have been problems down loading updates but rarely at 07:00 hrs. I update every morning at this time and then run the scan
gel

suedeblue 11:47 24 Jul 05

Thanks all for the help. I'll give it a go.

Belatucadrus 11:49 24 Jul 05

click here avast! free.

click here Antivir free, I don't think it's as good as avast or AVG, but recent pass results at VirusBulletin show they've got their act together to the point where it's now a viable option.

Stuartli 11:52 24 Jul 05

I used to use AVG Free - no quibble with it at all but switched to Avast as it updates itself (had installed it for a computer newbie recently because of that feature and was impressed).

One less thing to worry about...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…