proprietary drivers or any compatible ones

sogo 07:08 22 Feb 06

are there available drivers for proprietary hardware(the originals that came w/ my computer)? where can i get them? i have an internal 56k V.90 modem and built-in sound. i plan to perform a full install of winxp pro on my pc. tnx.

dms05 07:42 22 Feb 06

Try here click here

I've downloaded various drivers from here and they have worked well.

Gongoozler 08:52 22 Feb 06

You will probably be surprised at how few drivers you need to install. Windows XP comes complete with a huge number of drivers, and just gets on with installing them itself. However, make sure you have a list of all the hardware that will need drivers just in case. In my experience, the only driver I needed to install for the computer hardware were for the onboard sound and updated ones for the motherboard chipset.

Fingees 09:00 22 Feb 06

Don't forget also to install SP2 before worrying about all the drivers, as that also contains driver updates and some that weren't originally in XP.

If you install update SP2, you have no need to install SP1 as it's all included in SP2.

sogo 09:15 23 Feb 06

ive got sp2 already.now all i need is new memory (sobs)

Gongoozler 09:22 23 Feb 06

I find that for XP with SP2 to work properly you need at least 512M of memory. 256M is not too bad but the additional 512 makes a significant difference.

JWJH 12:56 23 Feb 06

You could try this click here and make a backup of all your current drivers to a CD, then if you need one it will be there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…