Proofing Tools - English UK

ds7183 15:18 10 Sep 09

Help please. I have installed Office 2007 on top of 2003 but I now have a problem. Although I have all the settings in for English UK, each time I click Spelling & Grammar a box comes up 'Preparing to Install' from Microsoft and when that is done another box saying 'Cannot find proofing tools for English UK. If you have proofing tools try installing them or re-installing them etc'. I presume somehow during installation of Office 2007 a problem occurred and the proofing tools are lost. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing to no avail. I have since tried uninstalling the 2003 version but it won't let me, saying 'The Patch Package could not be opened etc'. I thought I would re-install 2003 which I have tried to do and the same box appears 'The Patch Package ......'. I am really stuck now as I am not a computer whiz at all and need some help please as I don't want to wipe my hard drive unnecessarily.

TonyV 16:35 10 Sep 09

click here

This might be a start regarding "Proofing Tools" and their installation.

TonyV

ds7183 16:44 10 Sep 09

It doesn't work as it won't let me re-install Office 2003 - box appears 'Patch package' etc. Thanks anyway

lotvic 16:47 10 Sep 09

If I remember rightly you have to put the Office CD in and work from the menu that then appears.
Install, Repair, Uninstall etc.

ds7183 17:11 10 Sep 09

Hi lotvic this doesn't work as I can't get past the initial menu of Office 2003 as the box 'patch package etc' appears. You have to get to the next screen for the repair, etc option.

Sea Urchin 17:13 10 Sep 09
  ds7183 19:58 10 Sep 09

Sea Urchin
Thank you so much, it worked and I now have spelling & grammar in English UK. What a star A+++++++++++++++

Sea Urchin 20:21 10 Sep 09

Glad to hear it worked for you - thanks for the feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now