A prompt at start up since loading NTL b/band

StellaArtois63 22:55 15 Nov 03

I have just purchased a new system running with XP Home. Since I have loaded NTL broadband I now have an annoying prompt when I start up the machine or swap users, it is as follows : Please insert your cd rom with the virtual truck program. Looking for file D:\installs\teraUSB\VTruck2.exe.
Apart from that the internet and computor seem to be running well.Any ideas as to how I can stop this prompt, thanx

christmascracker 23:02 15 Nov 03
  StellaArtois63 23:14 15 Nov 03

Thanx cracker but when I opened the win.ini file windows was not there for selection

christmascracker 23:18 15 Nov 03

Have you asked NTL?

StellaArtois63 23:21 15 Nov 03

Not yet as contacting NTL is a painfull procedure,and some of you guys on here are so much better than them, but if I don't have any luck on here then I will. Thanx again

bvw in bristol 23:24 15 Nov 03
  Pesala 23:31 15 Nov 03

It seems unusual. Please try again.

• Click Start, click Run.

• Enter msconfig and click OK.

• Click tab Win.ini to bring it to the front.

• Click the [+] sign beside [windows] to expand this item.

• If you see an entry run= involving vtagent\reboot.exe, then uncheck it.

Click OK to exit the System Configuration Utility.

Otherwise, all I can suggest is inserting the NTL setup disk when it asks for it as perhaps the install procedure didn't complete properly.

StellaArtois63 23:45 15 Nov 03

BVW, I tried what was suggested but there was no icon there to delete.
Pesala, I looked again and windows was deffinatly not there. there were,for 16bit app support, fonts, extentions,mci extentions, mail, mci extentions bak and msuce. Looks like I will try NTL in the morning. Thanx to all for helping it is much appreciated

hugh-265156 23:53 15 Nov 03

not in xp pesala

from bvws link above

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

and delete the vtagent icon

TECHNODIMWIT 00:13 16 Nov 03

Go to search, and look for VT AGENT REBOOT.EXE
and delete then check for WIN.INI and delete that as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…