Promoting a web site

madwab 17:05 27 Jan 03

I have a web site (or 3) that don't come up in any search engines - even if no other sites match my criteria. I'd like them to, but I seem to be missing something about how I should do it.

I'd like to be clear: I'm not interested (yet) in getting a high ranking, just appearing at all, so I don't want to spend money on the likes of Addweb. (Anyway, I have a free version of it which, due to me not using it correctly or otherwise, has also failed to get me listed.)

I've created Meta tags for description, keywords and title, and placed them in index.html. I've also completed the meta tags section on my domain hosting site; yet still nothing. (The hosting site says, "...characters for us to place in the Keywords meta tag on the URL gripped page, this will help you when submitting your URL to search engines", which suggests that I still have to do something to submit my URL to search engines - but the only way I've found to do that is to pay to get a high ranking.

So - I would think it should be simple, but what am I missing?

Thanks
Tony

fitshase 17:30 27 Jan 03

click here

regards

Fitshase

slowhand_1000 17:40 27 Jan 03

You could try this

click here

madwab 19:01 27 Jan 03

They look useful, in rather different ways. I'll try them out and open a new item if I still have problems. Thanks.

Tony

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…