Prolite E430S Monitor Problems with

twiss 13:40 01 Oct 04

I have a prolite E430S monitor, I recently re- formatted and re-installed windows 98 then windows XP home... however for some reasome I cant get windows to accept the monitor driver, no matter what I try it wont work... In the display properties its says default and I don't know how to change it someone please help me!!!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:08 01 Oct 04

click on default driver, click update driver and have disk to point XP to prolite drivers

twiss 14:22 01 Oct 04

I cant even select the default driver to do that also the is a problem with the vga controller.....

twiss 14:23 01 Oct 04

and it says my disk hasn't got the right driver I downloaded one and it still say the same thing

Djohn 14:31 01 Oct 04

Are you using the monitor driver? Which is not really a driver just a small Ini.file or the adaptor driver, sometimes called the graphics driver?

If you go into your control panel, click on display/advanced and select the "Adaptor" Tab then try the driver again from there it should work.

Not all monitors come with a driver as it is not strictly required, using the correct adaptor driver can make a big difference to the amount of adjustments you will have access to. j.

twiss 14:48 01 Oct 04

I tried using the disk I was sent in the adapter bit too and still no luck

Djohn 15:03 01 Oct 04

In XP right click your mouse on the desktop, choose properties, left click on the settings tab, left click on the advanced button, left click on the adaptor tab, left click on the driver tab then click on "Update driver".

A wizard should start up with three options, place a dot in the lower circle, "No not this time". Left click on next and place the dot in the circle, Install from a specific location, click on next.

In the drop down menu window click on the button to the right side that says "Browse". In the new window, scroll down to your drive that contains the CD drivers and double click on it. This will load the path into the wizard window, click on next and the driver will install.

Djohn 18:15 01 Oct 04

I notice your thread is ticked! can we assume that the detailed guide I gave worked for you or did you find another method? It always helps to have the answer as it will help others with the same problem.

Regards. dj.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…