projector silencing

wolfman101180 23:57 20 Apr 05

I have recently bought an LCD projector and although i am very pleased with the quality of the picture, i find the noise that it creates disturbing.

Does anyone know of any accessories, or alterantively have any creative ideas on how to 'silence' a projector?

All suggestions welcome!

johnnyrocker 00:05 21 Apr 05

get in touch with suppliers/manufacturers and tell them the noise created is unacceptable to your pleasurable viewing, it is their problem and not yours.

johnny.

wolfman101180 00:14 21 Apr 05

i hear what your saying, but as i am using it with my (water-cooled, silent) pc, i was hoping for the same silence (or as good as) with the projector.
Does anyone have any experience with concealing their projector in a box muffling out the sound. Is this a good/suitable idea?

wiz-king 06:06 21 Apr 05

Unfortunatly the heat that is created by the lamp just has to be got rid off and there's lots of it. You could try swapping fans to see if you can find one that will move enough air to keep it cool and yet be quiet, I dont think a silencing cover would be very practical as it would trap the air and lead to overheating. I agree with jonneyrocker, write to the manufactures and see what they say - they may have another model that is quieter and be prepared to do a deal.

Dont think you will get a water cooled one to make coffee with -- more lightly toast!

wiz-king 06:09 21 Apr 05

sorry about the 'e' typo.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…