//some 3rd party need geo

Projector problems

Justabitbaffled 11:13 27 Jan 03

Help!

I have a Dell inspiron 8200 running XP pro. When I attach my Sony projector (VPL CS2) the computer fails to recognise the projector; (is it plug & play?)
However if I use power point it offers assistance with setting up the computer to start the show but then adjusts the setting on screen from the 1600 x 1200 to about 1260ish x ? This ruins the quality of the on-screen display; I then have to roll back to the previous settings!

Is it the computer?
Is it the projector?
Is it me?

Thanks in anticipation

Justabitbaffled

Squall 11:24 27 Jan 03

Do you get an image out of the projector at all?

Justabitbaffled 11:32 27 Jan 03

Yes I can get an image but only if I go through powerpoint (which alters the screen resolution on the laptop;) The projected image is then fine (must recommend the sony projector to anyone)but the laptop display is best desribed as blotchy

Squall 11:45 27 Jan 03

So you get a blank screen through the projector unless you run powerpoint?

Do you get a no signal error message on the projected image?

Have you changed the display mode of your laptop?
Try this.
Connect the laptop and projector, turn on the projector and then the laptop. If the laptop doesn't detect the projector, hold down the fucntion key (fn) and then look at your F1 to F12 keys. One of these will have either LCD or CRT or a picture of a monitor on it. (I think that is is F5 on a Dell) Press that, the screen on your laptop should go blank and your desktop image should come up on your projector. Press it again and you should get an image on both.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…