Projector Presentations without Laptop?

fpg 23:04 04 Jan 05

Is it possible to give projector presentations using a DVD player rather than an expensive laptop?
The CD/DVD disk could be prepared on a desktop.

What specs are needed on the projector and DVD player so that they can link, if it is possible.

Advice appreciated

Night Ryder 00:12 05 Jan 05

Yes this is prefectly possible. Any domestic DVD player will do. I use these seups at work. You will have to attach the DVD player to an XGA data projector. You may have to make up some extra cabling for it to work, but it will work.

I'm using the SVIDEO connector for picture and phono connectors for the sound.

fpg 10:47 05 Jan 05

Thank you Night Ryder - I have copied your comments. I am thinking of buying the Acer PD 523 projector which is xga (1024x768) DLP system with high contrast (2000:1) and similar brightness. It can be bought c£900.

Has USB 2 arrived yet for connections to projectors?

Diemmess 10:59 05 Jan 05
  fpg 17:52 06 Jan 05

Thanks Diemmess - followed the link to Acer - it is a good spec but noted their price of £1200. After some research I have bought the InFocus LP 600 (£1200) which is wireless enabled, similar DLP specs AND has a USB 2 input. You can run a presentation from a USB thumb drive !. Visit the InFocus site for a demo.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…