progs, data etc- xfr from winf 98PC to new XP PC

hatrickj 09:46 30 Mar 04

At last I have decided to replace my old machine.
The existing only has a floppy and 100 zip on it so I cannotput progs and data on cd. The new will have DVD Rom and CDRW. Both have USB- the 98 v1 and the new v2. To be xfrd data files and prog files incl Office 2000, photo album(s) and photo editing progs, OEX with address book

What is the easiest way to go about the procdure and are there any pitfalls to be avioded? If cost can be taken in to consideration that could be useful. Thanks,

anon1 09:49 30 Mar 04

Take the drive out of the old and place in the new as a slave. Transfer the data then remove old drive

hatrickj 10:02 30 Mar 04

Thanks anon1. My problem is that I am not good with hands and would hate to muck things up in new pc and invalidate any warranty. Are there other ways to do the job that don't involve opening the box?

anon1 12:24 31 Mar 04

If the new machine has a network card (probably has) then you could add a card to the old machine and use a cable to link the 2

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…