Programs stopped working!!

MrGoldfish 19:51 27 Oct 03

Hey,

I've been using my computer for a while now and it's been fine but recently it's started not opening some programs. When i try to load something up it looks like the program is loading but then goes back to the desktop. Or when i click on the program icon the windows error report comes up and stopps the program loading.

Also my games have loaded up fine but as soon as i get into the actual gameplay the program crashes instantly with no warning or anything. There's nothing in the log files about any errors and it's like it never even happened. I've recently installed a Gforce FX 5200 and have got the latest drivers and directX 9 but it's just going crazy every time.

I've formatted and reinstalled windows XP like 5 times trying to fix this but it just won't happen. Does ALL information get whiped off of the hard-drive when you format it or can things get left behind. This is driving me mad. I just want my computer back. any help would be sooooo amazing.
Thankyou

graham√ 19:54 27 Oct 03

Sounds like a virus!

Proxy Worm 20:02 27 Oct 03

Download AVG anti virus programme and scan your system. I think it is a virus so check it out!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…