Programs slow to respond

wids001 10:14 09 Dec 08

Hi, When using IE7 or AOL Browser I always get a delay of upto 2 minutes before the pages load, during which time if I click anywhere on the page I get a "Not Responding" message. CPU always runs at 100% during this time. After a while the pages do load but the system continues to hang for a period of time. I have run my virus checker, Ad-aware 2007, Superantispyware and a2 but these all found nothing untowarn!

I run a DELL Dimension 2400, xp home with sp2, 750mb ram, 40g HD with 6g free space

I tend to use AOL browser as downloads work faster than IE7. I have a 10meg BB connection with Virgin. With AOL I regularly get 1.02mbit DL but when DL'ing thru' IE7 I only ever get a max of 430mb.

Thanking you all in advance

Ex plorer 13:07 09 Dec 08

Hi Down load Firefox browser its 7mb and you can transfer all IE Favorites over onto it and see how it goes.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…