Programs not starting

Possumwee 18:22 08 Apr 07

Hi, a few days ago my computer started having trouble, and now random programs will not open. such as msn my razer mouse drivers and steam/counter strike.

I think i may have contracted a virus, however i do not use norton or any antivirus and have system restore turned off, so i was wondering if ther is anything i can do because formatting it for me will be hard as i have a lot of valuable data on my computer.

When i double click the program icon it will just come up with the timer for about 1/4 second then nothing will happen.

Ty in advance
Will

VoG II 18:26 08 Apr 07

Install this and scan click here

eedcam 18:30 08 Apr 07

You could instal either AVg or Avast free anti virus and at least know what you are possibly dealing with. If you are against intalling anti virus progs then get a free online scan from norton or macafeee or Panda. Though I think they only tell you your infected not sure if they remove

Possumwee 18:33 08 Apr 07

I mainly didnt use anti virus's because im quite an avid gamer and theres a lot of problems with them blocking certain ports and there firewalls.

Im dl avg now and ill see if i can get a norton web scan

Possumwee 19:57 08 Apr 07

ok guys thanks for the help.

I think i have found my problem as in all the programs not working on my computer have been made into a trojan dolwnloader =/

here is a screeny
click here

Will avg remove them and make my programs work again

Thanks in advance
Will

pac73 20:05 08 Apr 07

Yes,it should remove them.I,d try another scan with either Panda active scan,Kaspersky free scanner or Trend Micro Housecall free scanner.Housecall deletes what it finds.

VoG II 20:06 08 Apr 07

I would also try running a-squared which is an excellent trojan remover click here

Belatucadrus 20:19 08 Apr 07

Another useful tool is Dr Web CureIt click here a stand alone scanner it's a bit like Stinger on steroids, easy to use from a memory stick.
I'd also recommend a backup routine, so that if you are forced down the reformat path, all those "valuable data" files are duplicated somewhere safe.

woodchip 20:34 08 Apr 07

This is all I he and it's beyond me. I have vital data, but do not have any Anti-Virus on my Computer. I suppose no backup ether!!!!

woodchip 20:37 08 Apr 07

Did you mum ever tell you, when you play with matches or fire, You get burned. You should have a dedicated Comp for games if that's how you want to live

Possumwee 22:12 08 Apr 07

Yer if only i had enough money for a purely gaming computer, but i must do work on it too. but from now on i will definetly keep avg running and have a scan every week.

But thank you for the help guys, ive nearly finished my 4th virus scanner, from all the ones yu recommended ill update yu if it works or not.

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac