Programs Freezing - While On The Net?

modumus prime 16:47 16 Oct 03

I have a 1.8ghz, 512MB RAM, 80GB Hard Drive and run Windows XP.

When i connect to the Internet (via broadband) sometimes the programs i'm running like Internet Explorer and MS Word for example just FREEZE! Basically everything along the taskbar freezes like the 'start' button, quick launch icons, etc. You can't click on them or anything - the whole system runs slow and i have to resort to shutting the PC down (by holding the power button down for 5 seconds lol) cause its seems to take ages for task manager to end all the tasks.

Any ideas or solutions please???????

recap 18:29 16 Oct 03

It sound's as if there is a program running in the back-ground or a program that is causing a conflict. If you have recently installed software and this started to happen after the install, I would suggest uninstalling the program to see if it is this that is causing the problem. If it's the first suggestion turn the program off at start-up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…