Programs disappear when minimised

mick wilding 17:43 19 Dec 06

When I minimise a program it disappears from the start bar along the bottom of the screen. Bringing up the task manager shows that the programs are all still running. This started yesterday.

Today when I switched on it was still happening. I increased the size of the taskbar to double its normal size but then couldnot get it to return to normal. After a reboot the normal sise was restored but minimising programs still removes the icon from the taskbar.

Any suggestions please.

I am running Windows XP.

Technotiger 17:45 19 Dec 06

Hi, try a System Restore back to when it was all ok.

VoG II 17:46 19 Dec 06
  anskyber 17:47 19 Dec 06

Try minimised programs missing. click here

mick wilding 18:01 19 Dec 06

This is a strange one. Udsed system restore to my last system checkpoint (16th December) but once reboot the screen said it could not restore to this and that nothing had changed. Then tried 14th December checkpoint and got the same message.

Click okay to end this and then when it went into the user screen the programs came up along the bottom AND STAYED there when minimised!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…