programs

marbles 13:57 25 May 05

can any one help me when i try to open programs they open breifley then close straight away, if they do manage to open they crash after about 5 mins. i have formated my hard drive but it still happens. this is driving me mad. all anti virus programs do not find anything major so i do not know what to do next.even msconfig or task manager appear any more. is there a way of completley formating my hard drive and make it completly clean?
im running win xp
40gb hd
amd 2000+
500mb memory.

Technotiger 14:24 25 May 05

Hi, if you have your original XP cd you could try a re-install, during which, if I remember correctly, you are asked if you want to format the drive. Good luck.

Cheers

swerdna 14:35 25 May 05

I have just been zooming round different parts of my system to see how I can resolve a problem I have and came across a software ability in XP sp2 that stops viruses using programms if they use maicious codes. I wonder if that could be your problem.
Go to Control Panel, then Performance amnd Miantenance then System. Go to Advance tab and Performance. Then settings and then Data Execution Prevention. There you can read all about DEP. Thuis may be what your problem is.
Best of Luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…