Programs

coolteentom 23:08 28 Dec 03

I am going to buy a Toshiba Satellite Pro A10 Laptop, which includes :

Windows XP Home
Toshiba Utilities and Drivers
Toshiba Management Console

Will any of this software include a word processorand email program???

Thanks

Tom

coolteentom 23:10 28 Dec 03

That is Windows XP Home. Toshiba Utilities and Drivers. Toshiba Management Console

woodchip 23:17 28 Dec 03

Not unless it say's so XP home does not contain any Office Programs. You need to check what software you get with the Laptop

Jester2K 07:55 29 Dec 03

As Woodchip says unless if specifies MS Word, MS Office or MS Works or another Word processor / office Suite there will be no Word Processor.

As for an e-mail program you'll at least get Outlook Express.

Sheila-214876 11:27 29 Dec 03

Not very good with XP (I am on Win98SE) but I would expect it to have Internet Explorer and Outlook Express. You may also find it has either Wordpad or Notepad, both of which are very basic wordprocessors. If you want a proper wordprocessor I can post you a CD called Supreme Office which is supposed to be Microsoft Office compatible. Just email me and it's yours free.

Belatucadrus 11:34 29 Dec 03

click here for a posting on useful freeware. OpenOffice is the best of the free office suites and if you don't want to download it it's on the February PC Advisor cover DVD (Not the CD) or can be purchased for about a fiver from distributors click here .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…