Programming and web page design

lecram 20:07 05 Nov 08

I am interested in getting into the world of programming as well as web page design. I am a beginner when it comes to this. Can anyone offer advice on training courses or books I can begin with? I have worked with computers for many years now but have never gone into the programming side of things.

I have also noticed that one can use template based website design tools to create your own website. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks.

DieSse 23:01 05 Nov 08

"I am interested in getting into the world of programming as well as web page design."

One at a time please - don't try and bite off too much at any one time.

First we would need to know what you want to end up doing with such new skills, as there many and varied routes to what you want, and they depend on where you want to get to.

kidsis 11:51 06 Nov 08

as a starting place I would say download a free web site design prog that displays both what you type and the html code, one example is Ewisoft. That way you can play a bit with just typing something simple and seeing what the html looks like. Also go to the library and find a beginners book on html/css. And of course answer DieSse's post above and he could put you on the right track for further study as per his last para.

germanguyuk 23:45 05 Jan 09

If you are a beginner, looking for a great software, the you can
hardly do better than 90 Seconds Webdesign.

Vist the site here: click here

and check it out for yourself. Unfortunately it is not compatible with
MAC.

jammydoug 03:47 18 Sep 10

Hi
What is the best Windows computer for web design?
I want to get my bf a laptop thatch really good for web design BC thatch his major. The only problem is he docent like mac.Also, where can I get the best programs for web design? I don't know anything about this and its for our 4 yr anniversary.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5