Programming printer

Ronjo 14:31 05 Nov 04

I have a Star dot matrix printer that I need to send commands to in order to print on non-standard continuous sized paper. This was ok with previous versions of windows. I now have Windows XP. Can anyone offer suggestions please.

pj123 14:50 05 Nov 04

What model Star printer is it?

pj123 11:22 06 Nov 04

Please try not to respond to your thread by email because other Forum members will not see.

I received via email: The printer model is a Star LC24-20.

I cannot find any support for this printer on most Driver download sites.

Your best bet would be to contact Star Direct
Star Micronics U.K. Ltd.
Star House
Peregrine Business Park, Gomm Rd.
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire HP13 7DL
Tel: +44 (0) 1494 471111
Fax: +44 (0) 1494 473333
E-mail: [email protected]

Ronjo 12:34 06 Nov 04

PJ123. I did not reply by email but used response box.
Re my problem, it is not with the printer but the means of getting commands to it via windows xp

pj123 12:59 06 Nov 04

Yes you did reply by email. By "response box" do you mean the Yellow envelope next to my name? If so, that is email.

Exactly, you can't get commands to it via XP.

Which is why you need to contact Star direct or buy another printer that will work with Windows XP.

Ronjo 15:28 12 Mar 06

I have resolved this problem. I remembered that Qbasic was on the Win 98 cd so thought to try it on win xp. It works and I can now program my printer with the necessary control codes. Thanks to all for your suggestions

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…