programming help

plumbism 10:45 04 Jan 04

sorry posted in wrong place.
can anyone advise me on how to start programming as an absolute beginner.

Dazwm 11:08 04 Jan 04

What sort of programming?

plumbism 12:43 04 Jan 04

i want to learn and do some programming.i need some advice on how to start programming.writing programs. maybe c++ or java.

Dazwm 12:48 04 Jan 04
  short-circuit 16:10 04 Jan 04

Both the programming languages you have mentionned need compilers. These are programs which translate what you write into something the computer can work with. Have you thought where you are going to get your compiler from? Have you got one already? There are free compilers which you can download from the web, but they are only for personal use. You are not allowed to distribute or sell any of the programs you write with them.

There are plenty of tutorials on programming on the internet.

Personally I came to the basics of programming from learning Javascript( don't confuse this with Java programming). It allows you to start programming through writing web pages which interact with the user. It is handy to have a basic knowledge of web-page construction using HTML first, though.

If you were going to learn to program Java, this is quite a good language because of it's cross-platform compatibility.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…