Programmes running in background

odenrot 21:33 03 Sep 03

Am in trouble again, please can someone tell me how to find out which programmes are writng to drive C:\in background and how to stop them. Am so grateful for the help you all give me, thanks.

Joe McG 21:38 03 Sep 03

which o's.?

MAJ 21:38 03 Sep 03

Hit the Ctrl, Alt and Delete keys on your keyboard at the same time. That will bring up the task manager and show you what's running, odenrot.

powerless 21:41 03 Sep 03

Ctrl - Alt - Delete

I guess your running scandisk?

Close the programs down in that window you see by clicking "End Task" leave explorer and systray alone.

Also try starting the computer in SAFE MODE by pressing f8 when the computer is starting, you can run scandisk from there.

bill sykes 22:04 03 Sep 03

if it is installed, will process in the background from time to time (you will hear a lot of disk activity for perhaps a minute or so) Check in TaskManager (ctl Alt, Del) next time you hear it and see if FindFast is clocking up procesor time.

Jomi 22:11 03 Sep 03

Go to start/run and type msconfig, click run then under the 'start' tab you can uncheck all the things that you don't really need at start up.

odenrot 00:36 04 Sep 03

Once again you have made an old man happy! many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…