programmes running alt-ctrl-del

Morpheus© 19:23 06 Jun 03

how do you stop progs from running, when trying to scan the disk and it keeps restarting, and how do you put them back in again, is it done it "MSCONFIG" I have scanned the disk in dos, and it said no faults, but in windows it says it can not defrag because it has faults, but it just keeps restarting, been on it all day now.

thanks

Valvegrid 19:26 06 Jun 03

Have you tried deraging in safe mode? re-boot hit F8 and select safe mode then try from there.

Morpheus© 19:26 06 Jun 03

forget this one, it has come up twice..pressed the button twice..a long day

VoG™ 19:26 06 Jun 03

Defrag in Safe Mode. Reboot and keep tapping the F8 key just before the Windows logo appears. This will run the minimum for Windows to operate and Defrag should complete.

Morpheus© 19:29 06 Jun 03

hi....yes, it now will not start now in safe mode, tried it earlier and it kept restarting..

i am lost......

VoG™ 19:31 06 Jun 03

Do you mean Defrag won't run in Safe Mode or that you can't get into Safe Mode?

Morpheus© 19:32 06 Jun 03

right, i am back in safemode, i will try again.

thanks

Morpheus© 19:43 06 Jun 03

i ran scandisk in DOS took 7 hours, it is only a 30gb drive, and it found no faults..i am now in safe mode, yet,it says the drive has faults which must be put right first, and still it keeps restarting...

one more thing, i tried running "scanreg/fix" and that will not run anymore when it gets to 2%

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…